3 c. sugar
2 sticks margarine
1/2 c. Crisco
3 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. milk
4 tsp.butternut vanilla flavoring Nuts
- Cream together sugar, margarine and Crisco until very smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating until smooth after each.
- Next add flour with 1/2 teaspoon salt alternating with 1 cup of milk, ending with flour.
- Fold in flavoring and nuts by hand. Pour into greased tube pan.
- Put in cold oven and set temperature at 325 degrees.
- Bake 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- Do not open oven door during baking.
- Remove from pan immediately.