l lb. Brussels sprouts
1/2 tsp. mustard seeds
2 c. water
1/2 tsp. urad dhal
2 Tbsp. chana dhal
2 Tbsp. oil
2 hot green peppers
1 Tbsp. onion (chopped)
1 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. coconut (shredded)
3/4 tsp. cumin seeds (powder)
- Cut each Brussels sprout into 5 pieces and keep it aside.
- In a saucepan boil 2 cups of water and cook chana dhal in it.
- When dhal is half cooked takes about 10 minutes, add Brussels sprouts, pepper, salt, cumin seed powder into it.
- When Brussels sprouts become soft, remove saucepan from heat .
- Saute mustard seeds and urad dhal in oil.
- When mustard seeds crack, add chopped onion and when they become golden brown add cooked Brussels sprouts and the shredded coconut.
- Stir the mixture and remove from the heat. Serve it hot.