1 bunch of spinach
1 cup of green peas
1 medium sizwd tomato
1 medium sized onion
1 medium sized boiled potato
3-4 green chillies
1 tsp. cumin seeds
A pinch of asofetida
1 tsp turmeric powder
Salt to taste
- Cut spinach leaves and wash them properly.
- Boil the cut spinach for 10 minutes in a very little amount of water.
- Allow to cool for sometime.Grind thecooled spinach alongwith the greenchillies to a fine paste.
- This paste must be semiliauid.
- Chop onion and tomatoes into small pieces.
- Cut the boiled potato into evenly shaped cubes.
- Heat oil in a pan.Add the cumin seeds and asofetida.
- Add the onions,peas and tomatoes.
- Fry for 2-3 mins.Add the potato cubes and allow to cook on medium flame for 5 mins.
- Once the onions and tomatoes are cooked, add the spinach-chilli paste to the above.
- Add turmeric powder and salt to taste.
- Simmer it for 10 mins. Tastes good with rotis/parathas.